Business Development Coordinator
Already Columbus’s top boutique PR firm (according to Columbus CEO), Geben Communication has ambitious growth goals. We’re seeking a Business Development Coordinator to help us increase our presence in Columbus, as well as target geographies and market sectors. Reporting to our director of business development, the person in this new role will be a key player in helping Geben continue to grow as a premier PR agency that exciting, innovative organizations want to work with.
We are seeking someone who plays by our House Rules and is eager to support and execute the overall strategy and focus of the business development practice at Geben. Sound like a fit for you? Email your resume and a 140-word cover letter to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with “Business Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
How will you spend your days? We’ve identified the following meaningful ways you’ll contribute to our growth strategy and the items you’re likely to find on your to-do list each week/month.
- As we identify broad new business opportunities (e.g. expanding business in Chicago, healthcare technology, emerging entrepreneurs, etc.), conduct thorough research on the opportunity, identifying key players in the space and unique ways for Geben to position itself in the market.
- Conduct research on prospect companies and individuals, and articulate your findings into a weekly new business briefing document.
- Maintain, check, and update our prospect pipeline, client database, and key contact information in our CRM platform.
- Assist in the preparation of new business presentations, proposals and RFP responses.
- Assist in drafting customized proposals for prospects.
- When proposals are accepted, drop in the necessary details into the contract template.
- Coordinate communications, gifts, and other proactive touch points that surprise and delight our referrers, prospects and clients.
- Track and report on Geben’s new business activity (number of meetings schedules, events attended, proposals completed, contracts sent, etc.).
- Assist with weekly/monthly/quarterly metrics tracking and reporting.
PR Through a Business Development Lens
- Work with our PR team to identify and obtain speaking engagements and networking opportunities with appropriate organizations and companies.
- Assist in the planning, execution and support of events in which Geben is involved (e.g., sponsoring, attending, etc.).
- Consult and execute on social media, event and content marketing initiatives that support business develop objectives.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will generate new prospects for Geben.
The perfect candidate exhibits…
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive “can do” attitude
- Eagerness to grow professionally
- High level attention to detail and meticulous follow through
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A proactive initiator
- An intuitive writer
- Ability and willingness to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in various formats (verbal, written, electronic)
- Knowledge of marketing and account management principles
- Basic understanding of the PR/social media industry
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Business Development Coordinator in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!