The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account manager who plays by our House Rules. We need self-starters who can jump in and lead accounts for startups and big brands – especially those who want to innovate best practices, embrace the crazy and bring new, outside-the-box ideas to the table. Media relations and 2-5+ years of previous agency experience required. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with 2-5+ years previous agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for building and nurturing client relationships, participating in client strategy development, overseeing tactical implementation and managing/mentoring other associates. Your clients would include multiple B2B brands, tech startups and nonprofits, among others. We deliver a host of traditional and digital PR services — with heavy emphasis on media relations — that innovate best practices and deliver meaningful results for our clients.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account manager responsibilities will include:
- Manage client strategy and plan implementation, ensuring deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Develop positive partnerships with each client through the delivery of high quality work, consistent communications and prompt attention to client needs.
- Ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
- Oversee development of results-driven monthly reports for clients.
- Work with the VP of Client Strategy to manage retainer budgets.
- Stay abreast of trends relevant to your individual clients’ businesses, and share with clients when necessary. As appropriate, leverage trends to identify real-time marketing opportunities for clients.
- Stay abreast of PR-industry (traditional and digital) trends to stay ahead of industry developments and bring new and forward-thinking ideas to clients.
- Build and cultivate relationships with media and key influencers across industries relevant to your clients
- Identify and build relationships with industry analysts relevant to your clients’ businesses and ensure clients remain on their radars throughout the contract duration.
- Work with the VP of Client Strategy to develop media strategies to ensure you’re reaching the right targets through the right mediums with the right messaging. Once in place, research and develop compelling, news-worthy storylines to deliver earned media opportunities for clients.
- Oversee media outreach efforts for client teams - if an Account Coordinator or Account Executive is doing the actual outreach, outline the steps needed to generate results, from building relationships to providing best practices on how to reach media.
- Draft media and other communications materials as needed (e.g. press release, fact sheet, key messaging documents, social guidelines, etc).
- Oversee development of social media content calendars and guidelines; ensure Account Coordinators/Account Executives are implementing social strategy and managing social channels effectively.
- Work with the VP of Client Strategy to develop and execute creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility at events and within relevant communities.
- Propose and manage execution of creative content marketing concepts that support PR goals.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.