The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account coordinator who plays by our House Rules. We need a hustler … a team-player who’s ready to embrace the crazy, infuse creativity and innovate best practices. Strong interest in the startup/tech world is a must. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Coordinator in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with a least one year of internship/agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for supporting our team with research, media relations, social media/community management, writing and results reporting. While this is an entry-level position, our goal is to hire someone who wants to grow with the company and take on more responsibilities. Because many of our clients are startups and/or tech-enabled businesses, a strong interest in the technology world (B2B and B2C) is a must.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account coordinator responsibilities will include:
Internal (Culture and Business Development)
Live by and personify Geben’s House Rules at all times.
Contribute to an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
Provide support to Account Executives and Account Managers.
Continue to look for opportunities to learn new skills and industries that will benefit yourself, your colleagues and your clients.
Work with the account manager to implement tactical recommendations to support client strategies.
Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and expectations are consistently exceeded.
Support positive client relationships through the delivery of high quality work, whether that’s through comprehensive research, social media content development and engagement results, and meaningful media coverage. •
Support each client account manager through consistent communications and prompt attention to client and internal/team needs.
Manage projected hours effectively each month to help Account Manager ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
Contribute to the development of results-driven monthly reports for clients.
- Build comprehensive and strategic media lists, with the direction of the Account Manager, that lead to meaningful placements for clients.
- Conduct research that contributes to the development of compelling, news-worthy storylines to deliver earned media opportunities for clients.
- Conduct media outreach efforts, from building the media list to drafting the pitches and executing the actual outreach, depending on client needs.
- Draft media and other communications materials as needed (e.g. fact sheets, press releases, bios, etc).
- Develop social media content calendars that stem from an approved client social strategy provided by the Account Manager.
- Manage various social communities for clients, from posting approved content, to identifying and drafting responses for engagement opportunities.
- Support the Account Manager in the implementation of creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility at events and within relevant communities.
- Proactively identify and share trends that impact your client work.
- Execute creative content marketing concepts that support PR goals, with oversight from Account Manager.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Coordinator in the subject line.